Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Mixed Media-Notes on a Dream







Notes on a Dream
was the title of my article in 
Somerset Studio
in the January/February issue
of this year..



Detail, Caterina Giglio, Waiting for the Rain.



and referred to the whole body of work
that I created for 
my last show...
The Naturalists' Notebook




Mixed Media, Caterina Giglio, 8 x 8 on cradled board, Waiting for the Rain.



as well as all the new pieces that you see here..




Mixed Media, Caterina Giglio, 8 x 8, cradled board, The Similarities of Life 



it isn't unusual dear reader for me to create
several more pieces in a particular series..
especially if the 
series
idea
haunts me..







Detail from Love in a Mist, Caterina Giglio




as this one did..
the idea came to me in a dream..
and it would not let me go..




Love in a Mist, Caterina Giglio, Mixed Media, 8 x 8, cradled board.




each piece represents to me the 
the beautiful imperfection
of life and the ephemeral quality of nature.. 




The Eternality of Life, Caterina Giglio, Mixed Media, 5 x 5 cradled board.



but even more than that
they remind me to



A detail from The Eternality of Life, Caterina Giglio.



persevere..
to get up and resurface in joy..
my time may be short..






Caterina Giglio, Mixed Media on cradled board, 8 x 8, A Petition To Time.



my life, 
may be just a quick season long..




The Shape of Things, Caterina Giglio, Mixed Media, 5 x 7 cradled board.



but I can focus on the beauty 
around us, and as an artist,
I must..








it is simply my calling to
celebrate..

and to pass it on..





xox